Saturday 18 August 2018

Finished?

Is a layout ever finished?

Ask any railway modeller and the answer is, "No."

There will always be something to add, a new kit or bit of rolling stock. I could add to my fleet of boats. I might need to repurpose an industry.

After gluing down a few people and little bits here and there, I stood back this afternoon and thought that my work here is done.



I have to say that it has been a whole lot of fun building the layout and writing the blog. Thanks to all who followed and made comments. I'll still be posting here when something happens on the layout.

What next?

I have a couple of things to finish off - such as a station building for a club layout. However, it's time to start on the rest of the layout. The blog for the rest of the layout can be found here: https://sapphirecoastline.blogspot.com/. Why not check it out? The content is about 18 months old at the moment but something new should be added in the next couple of days. In the meantime, have a look at the old posts to find the back story.

Until next time.



2 comments:

  1. Well done Tom! You've really done wonders with such limited space. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog, and hope to see the final chapter on its' construction featured in AMRM soon. All the best with the new layout. Phill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phill. It was good to see your layout published as well. I reckon that small layouts can provide owners with a lot of fun in building and operating. The next one is a bit bigger.

    Best of luck with your new ventures. The stuff that is coming out for Queensland modellers these days is pretty good.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete