Saturday 3 December 2016

A Little Shelter


This weekend I had two goals. The first was tidy up the shed a bit. Sadly I am a messy worker. Not matter how hard I try, I don't seem to keep it neat.

The second goal was to work out the covered loading area for the dairy. This is a 3D print kit off eBay. It wasn't very much so I thought that I would give it a go. With a little modification, it works out perfectly. The piece of wood will need to be shortened and covered in brick card and painted. Once in place I can then put down some grass.

The other image is of the buildings to come. I'm not sure that the green tree needs to be that tall. It also sticks out a bit and will be too close to the trains. You might also notice the purple tree on the right. It's my attempt at a jacaranda. 


I found setting goals for the week handy. This week I would like to:
1. Start on the oil depot building.
2. Paint the ends of the engine sheds which will form an unknown industry.
3. Paint the covered roof of the dairy.
4. Install lights under the dairy covered roof and run the wires through some copper tubing to under the layout.
5. Paint the oil depot building.
6. Glue the dairy, oil depot and mystery buildings into place.

These things will be hard as I know that I have an AGM on Tuesday evening from 7 until ???, Wednesday is a work event until 8 pm and Thursday is the rerun of the work event until 9 pm. Friday night I want to head up to my club on the coast as I won't have been for a couple of weeks. So, the 15 minutes might be hard to come by this week.

Tomorrow is looking okay though.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment